Dr Jeff Grosskopf – Wauwatosa Chiropractor
The Atlas is the Hidden Cause of Numerous Complaints
The 1st neck vertebra, known as Atlas or C1, plays the most primary role of the entire spine. A malfunction in this area can produce a “domino effect” on the entire musculoskeletal system, as well as the circulatory and nervous systems, creating imbalances and dysfunctions in various parts of the body.
With time these dysfunctions can turn into more serious health problems. The body is then not able to function or repair as it should, which seriously affects the quality of your life.
Dr Grosskopf’s specialty is being able to identify and correct this condition. This misalignment to C1 (or any bone) is known as a Vertebral Subluxation. Medicine is not able to identify, diagnose, or treat this condition.
Facts About Misalignment of the Cervical Spine:
1. Birth can be cause of these misalignments
2. For many it is merely poor posture (sitting at a computer) for months or years that causes fixated misalignment in the spine.
3. It has been found that misalignment spine is responsible for a number of disorders. Even problems in the lower body, like low back pain, lumbar disc herniation, and sciatica can have underlying causes in the cervical vertebrae. The entire spine is one unit, and if it is misaligned at the top, it will compensate in the lumbar spine as well.
4. Conventional medicine does not consider misalignment of the cervical vertebrae a possible cause of disorder in a patient. As a result this problem usually goes undiagnosed.
5. Misalignments of the neck can result in decreased athletic performance. The joints and muscles of the body are dependent on nerve signals from the brain that travel through the spine.
6. Conventional medicine offers no treatment to correct the misalignment of the cervical vertebrae.
7. Often after the very first re-alignment/correction, patients begin feeling results.
8. Chiropractic adjustments are one of the safest forms of healthcare we have.
Common Conditions and Symptoms That See Resolution from Cervical Spine Re-Alignment:
- Chronic Pain following Whiplash
- Vertigo – Dizziness – unsteadiness
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Limited or Painful Head Rotation or Bending
- Cervical Pain
- Stiff Neck – Torticollis
- Shoulder Pain
- Numbness in the Arms
- Recurrent Tendinitis
- Permanent Muscle Tension
- Chronic Muscle Pain
- Mid Back Pain
- Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Herniated Disc – Disc Disease – Protrusion of Discs
- Compressed Spinal Nerves
- Low Back Pain
- Asymmetry of the Pelvis
- Arthritis – Osteoarthritis arising from poor posture
- Blocking of the Sacroiliac Joint
- Hip Pain
- Pain in the Legs and Knees
- Digestive Problems / Gastric Hyperacidity
- Gastric Reflux
- Depression (if associated with chronic pain)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Chronic Allergies
Have you been misdiagnosed?
Chronic complaints of neck and back pain, stiffness, restricted range of motion, migraine attacks or headaches, and deeper spinal conditions related to the discs often find a simple, logical explanation in cervical misalignment. Correction of this problem offers a real, lasting solution without being forced to take medication continuously with ensuing side effects.
In addition, correction of the cervical vertebrae is the ideal method to improve posture, thus preventing postural defects such as a tilted pelvis, or the common upper back hump with aging.
A new and unique approach in Wauwatosa
Receive effective and gentle care from chronic pain expert Dr. Jeff Grosskopf who uses a non-surgical, non-invasive technique to get great results in patients who suffer from neck and back pain (including herniated disks, neck and back strains, pinched nerves and chronic muscle tension), headaches/migraines, neuropathy and sports/athletic injuries.