• ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature, solid, not melted
• 1 cup granulated low carb sweetener
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup coconut flour, – do not pack
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 12-ounce bag sugar-free chocolate chips
• 2 cups shredded coconut (optional), unsweetened
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the coconut oil and sweetener with an electric mixer until well combined.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract then beat for 1-2 minutes. The mixture will expand and be light and fluffy.
NOTE* If you are using shredded coconut, add one more egg.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Turn the electric mixer to medium speed and add the flour mixture to the wet mixture a little at a time until well combined. Remove from mixer. **NOTE: If you have packed the coconut flour it will not be the right consistency with the wet ingredients. That is why it is important to use an electric mixer and add the ingredients in slowly. If the mixture is too wet, add 1/4 cup additional coconut flour.
4. Add the chocolate chips and coconut to the cookie dough and stir in gently.
5. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone non-stick baking mat or spray the cookie sheet with a non-stick cooking spray. Scoop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet in 1 ½ inch balls.
6. Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and gently move to a wire rack or parchment paper to cool. Cookies will be very soft coming out of the oven and will firm as they cool.
AND, please don’t forget to refer one person every month to our office. Let someone know they can receive a FREE CONSULT & EXAM. Especially your family. We have great ways for families to save on care.